MIOX On-Site Generation (OSG) utilizes patented electrochlorination technology to produce non-hazardous (<1% concentration) sodium hypochlorite or Mixed Oxidant Solutions (MOS), which brings significant advantages over conventional chlorination technologies.
- Plug & play system, fully packaged with great user interface & remote monitoring capabilities.
- Unique cell-pack design - self cleaning, avoids scaling, minimizes acid washing & extends service life.
- Generates a MOS (sodium hypochlorite + hydrogen peroxide) providing significant operational benefits over straight sodium hypochlorite applications.
- Completely non-hazardous process - only uses salt and water.
- Cheaper than either conventional electrochlorination or hypochlorite dosing and significantly safer than gaseous chlorine dosing.
- Cooling towers - an excellent biocide alternative. View operating benefits here.
- Food & Beverage industry - clean in place (CIP) applications in the requiring bulk hypo delivery.
- Potable water - disinfection.
- Excellent broad spectrum microbial efficacy, including preventing Legionnaires' Disease.
- More effective for penetration and elimination of biofilms compared to chlorine and many non-oxidising biocides.
- Longer lasting residuals for extended disinfection.
- Maintains its microbial efficacy at elevated pH levels.
- Lowers the TDS and chloride contribution, thereby reducing corrosion rates.
- Disinfection by product (DPB) generation greatly reduced - up to a 35% reduction in trihalomethanes (THM) and haloaceticacids (HAA) compared with conventional chlorination.
- Eliminates all OH&S issues and associated costs, relating to the transportation, storage, handing and dosing of dangerous goods such as sodium hypochlorite or gas chlorine.